End-of-Day reports provide daily accounting information, as well as employee timeclock entries.
From the Ascend Desktop, click [Reports]. The Reports screen displays.
- From the Folders pane, locate the End of Day folder.
Reports your transaction totals by transaction type, e.g.: sales, layaways, work orders, down-payments, and payouts. Detailed information on each transaction can be viewed. A date range can be selected for this report.
Note: Details and totals display for each Workstation, with a final total for all Workstations.
Reports a summary of your transaction totals. A
date range can be selected for this report.
The following information is included:
- Sales transaction totals by top-level category, with a final total for all categories. For each category, the following information displays:
- Taxed Sales
- No Tax Sales
- Total Sales (sum of Taxed Sales and No Tax Sales)
- Cost of Goods Sold (COGS)
- Total for tax and shipping charged to customers, with a final total for all charges.
- Totals by type of liability, e.g. Gift Certificate, New Down-Payments, with a final total for all types.
- Totals for receivables, i.e. Purchase on Account payments.
- Payout details and totals.
Note: When Workstation Names are configured, Payout details and totals display for each Workstation, with a final total for all Workstations.
- Totals by type of payment, e.g. Cash, Check, with a final total for all types.
Note: When Workstation Names are configured, Payment details and totals display for each Workstation, with a final total for all Workstations.
Reports the following for a selected date
Note: The Cash Reconciliation Summary report can be run for only a single date at a time.
- Cash Reconciliation record details for each workstation.
- Transaction details and total for gift certificate sales and in-store credit issued.
- Transaction details and total for down-payments taken.
- Total cash payments minus Payout total amount.
- Total non-cash payment amounts, by Payment Type and overall total.
- Payout details and total.
- Details and total for transactions which were applied to customer accounts.
- Transaction details and total for payments made on customer account.
- Details and total for previous down-payments applied to completed transactions.
- Total amount of taxable transactions completed.
- Details for transactions completed without a customer assigned.
Reports your card totals for the day (or date range) by processing method, e.g. Credit Card, Debit Card, eCommerce. Lists payments, refunds, and net total by card type, e.g. MasterCard, VISA. A date range can be selected for this report.
Reports the following totals:
- Taxable Sales
- Non-Taxable Sales
- Taxable Work Orders
- Non-Taxable Work Orders
- Tax and shipping charged to customers
- Final total for all charges
- Liabilities by type, e.g. down-payments, gift certificates, with a final total for all types.
- Receivables, i.e. Purchase on Account payments.
- Payments by type, e.g. Cash, Check, with a final total for all types.
- Total amounts to deposit.
A date range can be selected for this report.
Reports one sales transaction per line. Includes payment details. Overages/shortages for
the day can also be viewed, however, you must perform the
This report can be filtered and further customized for easier use; see Customized Screen Views.
- Cash to Deposit (Computed): Total computed by your system based on the transactions that occurred during that day (or date range).
- Cash to Deposit (Actual): Total entered manually by the user performing the
Cash to Deposit orCash Reconciliation function on the workstation.
This report summarizes the total dollar amounts for your accounting software for the selected date range. Changes to your inventory are reported by category and dollar amount; inventory adjustments (IA) are also listed.
Reports total sales dollars for each sales person, along with applicable cost, margin, and discount dollar amounts. Also lists each item the sales person sold. A date range can be selected for this report.
Reports when your employees punched in and out for the day (date range). Any problems display in red, e.g. a punch in/out spans more than one day.