Centered on Inventory
Have you made a New Year resolution yet? Start the decade on the right foot by knowing that your Ascend inventory is correct by scheduling a full-store inventory and making a plan for regular Cycle Counts going forward.
We’re here to help: Your inventory is the single most important data point you have for your retail business and it’s accuracy is worth the time and effort. Luckily, Ascend is here to help! With the new Inventory Center in your Ascend database and the even newer EA500 Plus Inventory scanner in your hand, inventory is easier than ever.
While we posted articles on the new inventory process in late 2019, it took a little longer to get our video modules completed. We really appreciated your pateince during this process and are happy to say that your patience has paid off – we just added new inventory modules on Ascend University! Here’s the breakdown:
- Prepare for physical inventory
- Set up an Inventory Center Event for Inventory or Cycle Counts
- Configure the Unitech EA500 Plus inventory scanner for Inventory or Cycle Counts
- Scan counts with the EA500 Plus scanner for Physical Inventory or Cycle Counts
- Piece counts for Physical Inventory
- Solve Inventory Discrepancies
- Scan counts with the MC2180 scanners for Physical Inventory or Cycle Counts
- Reconcile the Inventory or Cycle Count results
- Select Retailer or Dealer for Who do you work for?
- Then click Continue.
- Select the appropriate answer for What is your role? and then click Continue.
- Use the search box to find your shop or company. All retailers that use Ascend should already be in the system, and you should not need to create a new company
- Select your Location.
- Fill out the profile information (including name, email address, and password).
- Select Submit.
And that’s it! You now have access to Sales, Inventory, and Services videos on Ascend University. Just make sure to save your username and password somewhere you can find it later.
Tags: Ascend University, EA500 Plus scanner, Inventory Center, Inventory Event, physical inventory