Divide-By Has Gone Bye-Bye
The Summer 2015 version of Ascend is less than one (yes, 1) week away from release and this week we’re previewing a few changes that are sure to make your life just a bit easier.
We’ve completely removed In-Store Product “divisions” and have now incorporated case quantities into the Vendor Product record. We’ve also introduced three new fields. If you don’t remember the difference between Vendor Products and In-Store Products, click here for a refresher. Otherwise, keep reading to learn more.
Cases Everywhere: Never worry about “divide-by” fixes again. With the Summer 2015 of Ascend, when a product can be ordered in bulk you’ll now be able to configure it’s details for the case by vendor. Easily set:
- Cost for the entire case in addition to individual items
- Case Qty for the number of individual items per case
- Case MSRP for the selling price of the entire case
- Case UPC for the UPC of the entire case
Heightened Accuracy: The values received from your purchase orders will now carry into your In-Store Product. This means that if QBP, Trek, and J&B can sell you a particular product, but all three vendors use a different Case size, you will not have to worry about your In-Store Products division being altered after receiving. Enjoy:
- Painless ordering and receiving for case quantity items
- Accurate inventory tracking regardless of varying vendor quantities for particular products
- A simple report showing a complete list of vendor items that have a case quantity associated with them upon upgrade to the Summer 2015 version of Ascend, to help you identify case quantity products
- A head start on setting up product cases in your system. The ability to sell entire cases will be coming with the Fall 2015 version of Ascend available in September
Stay Tuned: The Summer 2015 version of Ascend is less than a week away. Keep your eyes on this blog and on the Ascend Customer Network for ways to help make the most out of all the changes. Need a more visual way to stay informed? Check out our video library to watch short tutorials that are sure to make you an Ascend Pro in no time! And remember, if you run into any issues our Support Team is available to help you get back on track. Give them a call at 877 875 8663 or send an email to email@example.comTags: Case, Divide, Inventory, Product, Quantity, Summer 2015, Vendor