Update to Spring 2016
The wait (for some of you) is over! Spring 2016 is available now for select retailers. But to make the experience as painless as possible for you and your team, we’ll be staggering the roll-out of this update depending on whether or not you’re a multi-store retailer and whether or not you’re integrated with Chase Paymentech™. Read on to learn more.
Big Changes Coming Your Way: The Spring 2016 version of Ascend includes some epic changes! Most notably, you’ll be able to process Chip cards and, if you’re a multi-store retailer, our updated product sync process will make remote inventory management a breeze. But that’s not all! We also have:
- Updated Product Search options
- The ability to apply custom payment types to Purchase on Account customers
- Improved Work Order Details
- A new payment type for Gift Card and Gift Certificate processing
- An enhanced Product Record
- And much more!
Ensure You’re Ready: We’ve mentioned that this rollout is a bit different, but you’re probably wondering what you have to do to make sure that you’re running the latest version of your favorite retail management system – right? Well, you’re in luck! Use the info below to make sure you’re ready once it’s your turn to update.
- “I’m a Multi-Store Retailer” : You need to update your primary store before the others in order for the new product sync process to work correctly. To make sure that happens, we’ll only be flagging your primary store first. We’ll automatically be notified once the update to your primary store is complete. Once we get the notification, your other stores should see the update flag within 24 hours.
- “I’m not integrated with Chase Paymentech™” : You’re all set! Just update on March 29th and don’t forget to prepare for the updates coming with the Spring 2016 version of Ascend by catching up with all the modules on Ascend University. You won’t regret it. Get started right now.
- “I’m integrated with Chase Paymentech™” : To make it as easy as possible for you and your team, we won’t be prompting you to update until the week of April 11th or as soon as you’re ready for EMV (Chip) payments – whichever comes later. To use EMV payments, retailers need to have end-to-end encryption enabled on their Chase Paymentech™ accounts. If you haven’t activated this feature yet, you will not be able to use the chip reader on your iSC Touch 250 terminals. To set it up, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the information found in the link below. You should receive a response from Chase’s Client Resolution Team within three business days with instructions on how to complete the process. You can help by updating your workstations within 48 hours of seeing the update prompt. Click here to enable end-to-end encryption today.
Webinar with the Product Manager: Our blog and online video training sites are great for getting the latest information regarding your Ascend system, but nothing beats a personal walkthrough.
That’s why we’re inviting you to join our Product Manager, Luke Natvig, later this week as he gives you a private tour of our latest release. And it’s all interactive, so you’ll be able to ask questions or provide feedback on any of the changes included in the Spring 2016 version of Ascend.
Want to join us? Sign-up today!Tags: Chip, E2E, EMV, Pin, Spring 2016, Update