Update and Ride
The weather is changing here in Wisconsin and we’re busier than the squirrels – working hard to get Fall 2016 to all of our retailers, along with sharing information on Trek Cards, printer troubleshooting, and more. Not to mention squeezing in a few more bike rides (before we start riding in the snow!).
Fall is in the air (and software): Over half of our retailers worldwide have already updated to the Fall 2016 version of Ascend! If you still need to update, there are a lot of great reasons to get it on your calendar today. Here are just a few of the fall features:
- Stress-free EMV processing: Chip Debit cards can be dipped!
- No calc, no problem: The new Cash Drawer Counter speeds up your end of day procedures.
- Automated reports: The Schedule Reports utility is now available for a few of our most popular reports
- Rounded payments: For our Canadian retailers!
- Updated Trek Card processing: Trek Card processing is changing – which means that Ascend versions prior to Fall 2016 will be unable to process Trek Cards after October 31st, 2016.
Printer or Cash Drawer problems? If you’re having difficulties printing, are getting invalid printer errors, or if your cash drawer isn’t opening, double-check that you have a default printer selected. The default printer should be active and online. If you do not, set the default printer and give it another try!
If your computer(s) recently ran the Windows 10 anniversary update, and still has printer problems (with a default printer set), check out this document with some troubleshooting tips.
Don’t forget to ride: The 2016 National Bike Challenge is coming to a close at the end of this month. Check out the NBC website to record your miles ridden and compete with other riders all over the country. The goal is to enjoy some friendly competition, while promoting biking and all its benefits – so, get out and finish the season strong!
One more week of sales: Our September sale is coming to a close this week, so take advantage while you can. Everything (except PCs and report printers) is 5% off. This is a good time to make sure your shop is meeting the Minimum Hardware Requirements with Ascend; they are updated every few years as manufacturers’ introduce new models and discontinue the older ones.Tags: Chip, Fall 2016, national bike challenge, Printer, Trek Card, Update, Windows 10