Updates All Around
It’s time to update! The Fall 2016 version of Ascend is officially available (as of Tuesday, September 13). Set aside time before you open or after closing to get your shop up-to-date today. And while your Ascend software updates, you can get new information on an upcoming Ascend Webinar, new Ascend University videos, changes to Trek Credit Cards, Interbike, and Electra vendor product spreadsheets.
We are excited to introduce you to our newest version of Ascend! Watch the overview video and check out the release notes for the Fall 2016 version before updating. Then, while you wait for your computers to update, run through this checklist.
1. Chat with the PM: Sign up for the Fall 2016 Webinar, hosted by our Product Manager, Luke Natvig. Luke will run through the newest changes to Ascend and give you a chance to ask questions related to the release.
The webinar will be Thursday, September 15th from 11:30AM-12:30PM CT.
2. Watch our newest videos: Visit Ascend University to learn more about all things Ascend – from Fall specific information on the new Cash Drawer Counter and Scheduled Reports, to hidden gems like Work Order Workflow.
Video not really your thing? You can also visit our Ascend help site to read or print out any information!
3. Attention Trek Card Retailers: A few changes are coming your way if you accept the Trek Card. The card processor is changing their platform and this newest release enables Ascend to take advantage of the changes.
Ascend versions prior to Fall 2016 will be unable to process Trek Cards starting on November 1, 2016. So set aside time to update to Fall 2016 as soon as it’s released.
4. Download the new spreadsheet: The Electra and Trek product lists have been divided into two separate files.
This means Electra products and Trek products are now two different documents in the Ascend Dealer Portal under the US or Canadian Vendor Files. You will need to download and import both the Trek Bicycle Corporation spreadsheet and the Trek Bicycle Corporation/Electra spreadsheet to receive all the updated products.
If you add Trek products with the Update Vendor Products utility (under Tools in Ascend for US retailers), you can still use the utility for Trek products, but need to download the product spreadsheet for Electra.
5. Going to Interbike?: We are too! Interbike runs from September 21-23 in Las Vegas, NV. Come visit the Ascend team at booth #7176 to learn more about Ascend and see the Fall 2016 version in action. You can also learn more about our Chip & PIN credit card terminals and driver license barcode scanners.
And don’t forget! All hardware (PCs and report printers excluded) is 5% off through the end of September, so this is a great time to consider upgrading your peripherals!Tags: Fall 2016, Interbike, Trek Card, Update, vendor products, Vendor Updates, Webinar